Know what type of writing you are being asked to write and gear your style to fit the purpose. It will make your writing better and soon you'll be a master writer!
Middle school students typically face 8 Kinds of Writing assignments:
- Autobiographies: an account of a person's life written by that person.
- Biographies : or simply bio is a detailed description or account of a person's life. It entails more than basic facts (education, work, relationships, and death)
- Cause and effect :the principle of causation.
- Evaluation : the making of a judgement about the amount, number, or value of something; assessment.
- Information reports : Report used to forward raw information collected to fulfill intelligence requirements
- Observational writing : experimental: relying on observation or experiment
- Problem/solution writing, and : the processes involved in solving problems
- Short stories. :a story with a fully developed theme but significantly shorter and less elaborate than a novel.
أنواع الكتابة عند Allen S.
سيرة ذاتية بتفاصيل حياة شخص
الكتابة من الملاظة والتجربة
كتابة المشكلة والحل
Allen S. Goose, "8 Kinds of Writing: Lessons and Practice for Writing Tests and Samples" Publisher: Walch Publishing | 2001, 2nd Edition | ISBN: 0825142555