Since its introduction in late 2005, the Internet-based Test (iBT) has progressively replaced both the computer-based tests (CBT) and paper-based tests (PBT), although paper-based testing is still used in select areas.
It is the perfect starting point for students preparing for the new TOEFL "RM" CBT! This text includes:
- 45 skills and strategies with clearly defined steps and practice to improve performance on each section of the test.
- Clear visual charts that double students' understanding of language likely to appear in the TOEFL "RM" Test.
- TOEFL "RM" test-like exercises that provide focused practice of specific language skills.
- Pre-tests and post-tests to diagnose needs and measure performance to determine areas of weakness.
- Two complete Practice Tests to accustom students to the TOEFL "RM" Test format.
- A progress chart that allows students to keep track of their improvement.
- Appendixes for extra language practice.
Practice sections for the four skills:
- Reading provides practice exercises in the new test formats, including filling in a table or chart and paraphrasing.
- Listening provides authentic conversations between two people in an academic setting and academic lectures with new questions about a speaker’s attitude or purpose.
- Speaking includes personal and expository tasks and integrated tasks.
- Writing consists of expository and integrated tasks: reading/listening/writing.