- I need to make an appointment.
- I need to see the doctor.
- When is the doctor free?
- I need to renew my prescription.
- Do you think the doctor could squeeze us in today?
- I need to make an appointment for my husband.
- My child needs to come in for a check-up.
- The doctor wants to see me again in two week's time.
- What is your chart number?
- What is the appointment regarding?
- Which day/what time is good for you?
- Is January the 3rd okay with you?
- How does four o'clock sound?
- We'll see you then.
- I'm sorry the doctor is not taking new patients.
- We'll call you if there are any cancellations.
- We're running an hour behind schedule.
- Dr Jones is away. You'll be seeing Dr Lindsay.
|Receptionist:||Doctor's office. Jane speaking. How can I help you?|
|Caller:||I need to make an appointment with Dr. Harris.|
|Receptionist:||Do you know your chart number?|
|Caller:||No, sorry. It's at home and I'm at work right now.|
|Receptionist:||No problem. What's your name, please?|
|Receptionist:||Okay Mr Mason. Hold one moment while I grab your chart, please.|
|Receptionist:||Thanks for waiting. Now, what do you need to see the doctor about?|
|Caller:||Well, I've been fighting a cold for more than a week, and I think I might have a chest infection or something. My cough is getting worse each day.|
|Receptionist:||Hmm. Doctor Harris is off tomorrow. Do you think it can wait until Wednesday?|
|Caller:||Oh, I was really hoping to get in today or tomorrow in case I need some antibiotics. Maybe I'll have to go to the walk-in-clinic instead.|
|Receptionist:||Actually, we had a cancellation for 2:00pm today if you can get away from the office.|
|Caller:||Gee, it's almost 1:00pm already. I think I can make it if I leave right now.|
|Receptionist:||We're running a bit behind schedule, so you can probably count on seeing the doctor around 2:30.|
|Caller:||That's great. Thanks for fitting me in.|
|Receptionist:||No problem, Mr. Mason. We'll see you in an hour or so.|