like, Would like + infinitive


would like = want

The verb "would like" requires an object, a gerund, or an infinitive after it:

Would like + infinitive

would + Subject + like السؤال

What would you like? "What do you want?"
What would you like to do some day?


Would like + infinitive الجواب 

تستخدم للتعبير عن الرغبات

I would like to become a doctor.

تستخدم لعرض شيء على شخص 

to offer things


- "Would you like some coffee?" "Yes, please." 
هل تريد بعض القهوة؟

- "Would you like a cigarette?" "No, thank you. I don't smoke." 
- "What would you like, tea or coffee?" "Tea, please."



تستخدم ايضا لدعوة شخص 


 to invite someone:


- "Would you like to have dinner with me on Sunday?" "Yes, I'd love to. (= I would love to have dinner with you.)" 
- Where would you like to go this evening?   اين تريد الذهاب هذا المساء؟
  









These questions are made with "would like."
What would you like to do today?
Would he like to improve his English?
What would you like to do some day?

What time would you like to leave?


Here are some examples:

"I would like to answer that question."
"I would like to explain myself."
"I would like to practice."
"I would like to become a doctor."
"I would like to thank you."
"I would like to learn about animals."
"I would like to meet the President.“