Dreaming in Arabic

Dreaming in Arabic



How I fell in love with a language, discovered a forgotten king and realized my part in a historical injustice that carries on today.









The State of Israel was established in 1948. The same year, my alma mater Ambassador College opened. It was established by Herbert W. Armstrong, the man who founded the Worldwide Church of God. Just like Israel of old, Ambassador College was intended to be a light to the world, a place where the true knowledge of God would be taught. Like many North American churches, the Worldwide Church of God viewed the establishment of Israel as part of God's greater plan that would soon culminate in the return of Christ. Without ever questioning it, I accepted the pro-Zionist bias of my religious upbringing. But it was in Israel that I started to rethink my theological upbringing. Many years later, after a few more twists and turns in my life and faith, I found myself with a worldview completely different from the one I grew up with. I found myself... Dreaming in Arabic.