Here are some sample sentences and phrases for giving information in English
Learning English: Asking & giving information
1. Jeremy is from Ohio. Oh really? What part of Ohio? Columbus.
2. Kelly is a saleswoman. Is that right? What company? Microsoft.
3. He's a university student. Oh. What university? Harvard.
4. Ronda lives in Texas. Really? What city (in Texas)? Dallas.
Giving Information in English:
When giving information, use all five senses whenever possible. In addition,
- Speak clearly.
- Use language that everyone understands.
- Vary your tone and pace.
- Move from the general to the specific.
- Use visuals— charts, maps. and diagrams.
- Eyeball the listener.