تطوير مهارة القراءة باللغة الانجليزية
Improve your English reading skills
Reading should be enjoyable for you and your son. If your son becomesdistressed or loses interest when reading at home, take a break from reading and try again later. However, make it a point to listen to your son read to you every day even for just 20 minutes while you are doing the washing up or preparing the evening meal.
Your son needs to read texts which he uses at school. This will help him to develop specialized vocabulary as well as to have a better understanding of the content of his courses studied at school.
All children, regardless of age, like to be read to. make a special time whenever possible for reading with your child away from interruptions.
You can help your son that value reading when your:
- Show your son that you can value reading by reading whenever you can
- Provide a variety of texts for your son to read to you, e.g. stories, comics, poems, plays, cartoons, reference books, magazines, children's recipe books
- Point out words on street signs, packets and labels
- Encourage your son to predict what a book is about from the cover and illustrations
- Reread favorite books
- Talk about the different purposes for reading picture book, a novel , a TV guide, a news paper, a telephone directory, a recipe book, an encyclopedia
- point out the first sound of a word and encourage your child to think of other words that begin with the same sound
- encourage your son to read books for enjoyment as well as for information
- praise your son when he is reading, e.g. 'well done-that was a difficult word
- encourage your son to have a positive attitude towards books
- encourage your son to talk about characters and events in the novel/book
- ask your son to think of possible beginnings and endings for stories
- sound out difficult words and/or give clues to the meaning of difficult words
- encourage your son to have a go at reading words that are unfamiliar
- ask your son to read on past the unknown word to gain clues from the rest of the sentence
- show your son how to find the meaning of unfamiliar words in dictionaries
- encourage your son to watch films and